Condes course planning - discussion forum
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

XML Export Map Position

Posted by Mark Malone 
XML Export Map Position
May 10, 2020 12:53AM
Hi,

I am trying to locate the control points exported in an XML file onto an exported image (to the "defined printout page area"), so I need the position of the image, i.e. the bottom left or top left of the print area.

My map is not geolocated, and I am using the control points map position, x and y, in mm.
The map position in the XML file does not seem to match with the print area (I am not sure what position/area it defines).

I could also work with the location of canvas area, the bottom left, or top left, of that. I would just export the image to the canvas area and match to that.

Is there a way to export the information I am after?

Mark.
Finn Arildsen
Re: XML Export Map Position
May 10, 2020 03:58PM
Hi Mark

The basic coordinates in Condes are the "paper coordinates" (as I call them) - coordinates in the canvas domain, measured in millimetres. In the status bar below the map, there is a field that shows the current coordinate position of the mouse pointer.

As you can place the map arbtrarily on the canvas, the coordinates do not necessarily have any reference to the edge of the map or the print area.

However, you can control where the map is placed on the canvas.

If the map is a bitmap file, it is normally placed with the lower left corner at the coordinate system's origo (position (0,0)).
If the map is an OCAD file, it is normally placed so that the coordinates coincide with the map file's native OCAD coordinates. They depend of course on how the mapper has placed the map in the OCAD coordinate system.

You can move the map to any position by using the Canvas / Map menu or the Canvas / Move Map menu. Keep in mind, though, that when you move the map, the controls do not move, so you probably want to place the map before you start adding controls.

I hope this is helpful.

Finn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: wcd,ocd,jpg,tif,png,jgw,tfw,pgw
  • No file can be larger than 62.5 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 62.5 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator