Condes course planning - discussion forum
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Master file of controls

Posted by Hannu Kauppinen 
Hannu Kauppinen
Master file of controls
September 01, 2018 11:52AM
As we organize events regularly on the same maps, I was thinking about creating a database of all the controls we have used.

As we are using the same control numbers in all events, the import does not work automatically. So I would need to open the source file and renumber the controls before they are imported. Still I would need to figure out how to keep track of when each of the controls was used as with only 3 digits for the control number I cannot add apply any simple numbering logic (like 1831 for control 31 in 2018 event).

Other option would to do this outside of Condes. Here I run into two challenges. The IOF XML does not contain all the details about the controls, so importing the data does not work from there when we reuse controls. And I was not able to find any definition of the WCD file format to be able to read and write them outside of Condes.

Has anyone experience from running such a database or master file? How do you manage the information?
Finn Arildsen
Re: Master file of controls
September 01, 2018 04:06PM
Hi Hannu,

Did you consider using annotations? For each control, you can add annotations to keep "metadata" about each control.

Regards,
Finn
Hannu Kauppinen
September 03, 2018 11:00AM
Hi Finn,

Yes, I considered this, but I was hoping to find a "less manual" approach. Is there a way to update all the annotations of all controls for a event at once or would I need to manually change the control number and add the annotation before running the import to the master file?

Br,
Hannu
Finn Arildsen
September 03, 2018 10:51PM
Hi Hannu

I'm afraid there is not a "write an identical annotation to all controls" feature.

regards,
Finn
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • No file can be larger than 62.5 MB
  • 5 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator